NLC-NJ Healthcare Summit
As is readily apparent just by following the news day-to-day, the United States health care system is in the midst of a sea-change. Decades of unsustainable growth, administrative and duplicative waste, and severe disparities in access led to the 2010 passage of the Affordable Care Act, arguably President Obama’s signature legislative accomplishment.
While early signs point to positive impacts – a drop in the uninsured rate, a slowdown in the growth of health care costs, and improving quality due to “value-based purchasing” – our country is not out of the woods and health care will continue to be a central issue to government, business, and our communities.
That’s why it is critical that tomorrow’s leaders understand the issues, the problems, and how to make progress on such a confusing, complex, and divisive part of our lives.
For this reason, NLC-New Jersey will be hosting its first ever conference focused solely on health care. We want our fellows, alumni, and stakeholders – tomorrow’s leaders – to understand this vitally important issue – and we’ve lined up an impressive list of speakers and topics to help them do so.
Thank You To
New Jersey Association of Health Plans
- Federal health policy
- Payment Reform
- Access to care
- Quality of care
The theme of the conference will be “Fostering Progressive Change in New Jersey’s Health Care System” and it will aim to inform progressive leaders and stakeholders on health care in New Jersey and how health reform and the Affordable Care Act are changing the way health care is delivered. Among the many influential speakers and panelists for the conference are:
- Congressman Frank Pallone
- Jackie Cornell-Bechelli, Region II Director, Department of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Ken Coburn, Health Quality Partners
- Doug Forrester, Integrity Health
- Joel Cantor, Rutgers Center for State Health Policy
- David Knowlton, New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute
- Joseph F. Vitale, New Jersey State Senator
- Nancy Munoz, New Jersey State Assembly
- Troy Singleton, New Jersey State Assembly
- Len Terranova, Camden Coalition of Health Care Providers
- And many more…
12 Centre Dr
Monroe Township, NJ 08831
Google map and directions