Each year, New Leaders Council presents the 40 Under 40 Leadership Awards as a way to honor the work of young, professional leaders who have exemplified our organization’s ideal of political entrepreneurship.
The awards recognize achievements in four categories: Political Leadership, Media Leadership, Advocacy, and Entrepreneurship.
- Political Leadership Award: Honors a leader who has advanced progressive politics in a particularly innovative way or in a challenging environment.
- Media Leadership Award: Honors a leader who has utilized media in a particularly innovative or effective way.
- Advocacy Award: Honors a leader who has run a particularly effective advocacy campaign or has implemented a new approach to advocacy.
- Entrepreneurship Award: Honors a business, social enterprise or non-profit leader who has created, led, or reformed an organization significantly
2013 New Leaders Council New Jersey 40 Under 40 Awardees
- Carlos Lejnieks, President & CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Essex, Hudson & Union Counties, NLC Entrepreneurship Award honoree
- Alicia Menendez, Host & Producer, HuffPost Live, Cohost, Power Play & Cofounder, Define America, NLC Media Leadership Award honoree
- Corey Webster, Cornerback, New York Giants & Founder, The Corey Webster Foundation, NLC Advocacy Award honoree
2011 New Leaders Council New Jersey 40 Under 40 Awardees
- Tyeese Gaines
- Michele Jaker